Thursday, May 9, 2013

bike to work

I work in Tiburon, but live in the Castro.  I take the ferry across the Bay daily.  Sometimes, I take muni to the ferry, which can be an infuriating torture chamber on rails.  Other times, I ride my bike.  It's about four miles to the ferry building and another mile once I'm in Tiburon.  It's a lovely way to start my morning.

Today was Bike to Work Day!  Now that the weather is nicer, and it's actually light at the ungodly time I leave my house in the morning, I've been doing a lot more biking.  Even so, it's nice to have an official biking day.


I love the spirit of Bike to Work Day.  Everyone is in such a good mood as they spread the word of alternate modes of transportation.

I view BTWD as a day where bikers can peacefully share the road with cars, and give cyclists a good name.  On this day especially, I follow all the traffic rules, make sure cars are able to turn right at stop lights, and use all appropriate hand signals, hoping that it will show drivers that having bikes on the road is easy rather than a nuisance.  The more bikes on the road, the safer it will be for cyclists, so get out there and bike.



Why yes, that is a coffee in my cup holder

The only bike on the ferry this morning

Arriving in Tiburon

A colorful addition to my classroom

Yup, I biked today
Did you bike to work today?

No comments:

Post a Comment