Saturday, March 22, 2014

my new green thumb

This weekend I headed to the San Francisco Flower & Garden Show down in San Mateo. I really didn't know what to expect, but what I found were lots of hurried suburbanites planning out their dream gardens. Since I have no outdoor space, I decided to bring a little green into our home.

Normally I have a black thumb when it comes to house plants. I can see them wilting as they cross the threshold of our home.  But, I figured I should be able to manage a few succulents, the easiest of all plants. 

I picked up five new plants, then swung by Cliff's and grabbed a cute wooden bowl as their new home. Here's hoping I can keep these little guys alive.







Succulents: $16.75
Dark Wooden Bowl: $10.00
Light Wooden Bowl: Handmade by my dad
Mason Jar: Free
Rocks: Left over from my fish owning days

Total: $26.75

6 comments:

  1. I like it. I managed to kill my big succulent though! RIP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new greenery around the house! Makes it feel the apartment feel a bit more like the outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really impressed with the tiny tiger. Didn't know real ones came that small. Nice job and nice bowl Steven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing the tiger. I was excited to put him to good use.

      Delete
  4. It is beautiful and creates a serene space!

    ReplyDelete