Thursday, March 14, 2013

farmer's market

Yet another one of my 2013 goals is to eat locally.  Because of this, I've anxiously been awaiting the return of the Castro Farmer's Market.  


Yesterday was opening day, so I stopped by on my way home from work.  This particular farmer's market is only a 10 minute walk from my house, which is convenient.  Unfortunately, it is also pretty dinky.  There are few booths, and not a lot of choices at each booth.  


I ended up with butternut squash ravioli, honey citrus almonds, cilantro, 2 avocados, 3 oranges, 3 carrots, and 3 small bunches of kale.  All this cost me $22.80.  The almonds and the ravioli, $6 each, were a splurge, but I really just can't say no to flavored almonds.


My next experiment will be the Mission produce markets.  I'm not sure which will end up being the bigger bargain, but one thing I know for sure, both will be cheaper than Mollie Stone's.

No comments:

Post a Comment