Monday, April 8, 2013

walk to work

Friday is Walk to Work Day.  Commuting part of the way by public transit counts!

When you're out there commuting on foot, there is so much more to see and enjoy.  Life is definitely more interesting, and unpredictable, now that I'm commuting by foot, bike, and public transit.  I've been treated to leisurely morning coffees, gorgeous views, crazy characters, incredible street art, peaceful protests, and engaging books.  I wouldn't have been able to enjoy any of these things sitting behind the wheel.  

Here are some of the sights I've seen on my walk to work.

Leaving the Ferry building

Embarcadero buildings lit up for the holidays

Moon rise

Everyone takes public transit in the city 

The Ferry Building decorated for the holidays.
I walk through here to enjoy the smell of fresh bread every day.

View of the city from Tiburon

City wildlife

My ferry arrives

Just another gorgeous sunrise

Walking to work means being able to enjoy a morning coffee

Surprised by a San Francisco Symphony concert after disembarking from the ferry 

Will you be walking?

No comments:

Post a Comment